Amy Gilbrough, Victoria Chhagan, and Leane Martinez can answer your Social Security and SSI disability questions
If you have applied for Social Security disability benefits, then you know that dealing with a large government bureaucracy requires great patience and perseverance. The Social Security rules and regulations are complicated, and their application to real-life situations often confounds common sense. The whole application and appeals process can leave you with many more questions than answers.
We created this website to provide some answers. Our Social Security disability library, located at the bottom of this page, contains more than 100 pages of educational materials that answer the questions we hear most often. Here are a few suggestions to help you get started:
For information on the application process:
- Frequently Asked Questions. This series of questions and answers provides a good introduction to Social Security disability.
- Examples of who is and who is not disabled. You will be surprised by these examples of how the Social Security rules and regulations apply to real-life situations.
- Lessons on Winning Benefits: Sign up to receive these start-to-finish practical tips, delivered by email.
For information about the appeals process:
- Your Disability Hearing. This series of articles provides an overview of this critical stage of the disability determination process and tips to help you present your strongest case.
- Appealing a Denial of Benefits. Our free e-booklet provides simple “how-to” advice.
If you cannot find what you are looking for in the library, or if you would just like to talk with a knowledgeable Seattle disability attorney about your specific situation, please contact us.
We wish you success.
Douglas Drachler McKee & Gilbrough, LLP
Seattle disability lawyers
1904 Third Ave
Seattle, WA 98101